The client was a U.S.-based Electronic Medical Records Management software provider company, offerings clinical and business productivity software to over 1,000 clinics and hospitals across the country.
With a large installed base of active customers and ongoing changes required in coding, this client was looking for a reliable and efficient test automation solution.
The company explored alternatives like COTS and open-source tools, but lacked the certainty and confidence that these were their best option. Concerns about the increased human resources needed to perform manual testing and a potentially longer testing cycle motivated them to seek a better solution.
Key objectives and business needs:
- Reduce the testing cycle.
- Ensure software quality with no compromise.
- Use the workforce and resources efficiently.
As their trusted technology partner, Quinnox provided a bundled solution that included the QTAF (web framework – Windows, Chrome, and IE), a skilled and expert team, and training services and resources.
Key features of the solution included:
- Built on top of the leading open-source solution Selenium (Web).
- Uses simple English for script development.
- Works seamlessly with all web-based technologies from Microsoft, Angular, React, and more.
- Features user actions and keywords that are project- and application-agnostic
- Performs database-level verification.
- Handles dynamic data generated by the application.
- Captures screenshots at runtime
- Supports parallel execution
- Executes in unattended or batch mode
- Achieved 1,200 test cases in just five months.
- Test cases automated and delivered to the client for execution in the production environment.
- Framework deployed on-premise at the client site (due to strict HIPAA requirements).
- Ability to manage end-to-end automation with internally-trained functional resources (versus hiring automation engineers) for substantial cost savings.
- Significant cost savings on licenses.